Friday, January 10, 2020

what to do when you cannot sleep

On Wednesday morning I was ironing at 5.10am -

On Thursday at around the same time  I thought I would look through some YouTube videos - this is one of the ones I had a go at


This top fold card uses the double point technique - I hated it so much I didn't bother to lift the flap and add anything underneath .

 This is a three panel card - partial die cutting of a circle on the front panel

                                           a heart and sentiment on the middle section

a big sentiment inside -  and when I closed the whole thing up I had stamped the sentiment in the wrong place and you can see it peeking out the bottom of the circle - 



I always say for every good card I make there are at least 2 bad ones to get there -

 so Friday at 5.30am  I tried again with the double point card -my Aunt celebrates her 90th birthday in May so something like this might work







I was quite pleased with the end result - EXCEPT at 5.30 in the morning the light is not so good -I used some lovely bright white card or so I thought - turns out the middle panel on the front is pearlized - I really didn't notice until later when the light shone on it.
 The flower stamps are a Fiskars set called flora which I coloured using Aquamarkers - not sure where the sentiment came from.

a quick Hi to Darcy who left a lovely comment on my last card

I'm not sure what Saturday morning will bring but one thing is certain I will be up and about way too early.

No comments: