Monday, December 16, 2019

birthday smiles

 I spend more time  just looking at my craft space than actually making anything - my inspiration has gone - time to try something new to me - I taped my card blank to my craft mat and placed a slightly wider piece of cardstock over it - you can see the washi tape at the top of my card blank and to the side of my spare piece of card. you can do this in stamping platform as well.

 I didn't have any solid stamps - I did think about using a die cut or a stencil  but I didn't want a perfect shape so I roughly cut a shape from a piece of scrap card .I flipped the spare cardstock to one side and inked the card base then flipped the spare cardstock back and inked again.


I carried on with the inking and moving the stencil on each layer until I was happy - so now I have two panels that look the same . On the spare piece of a card I stamped a flower and leaves from Altenews 'be happy' set then cut it out with scissors .I used some fun foam on the back and then lined it up with shapes on the card front.



Craft Stamper - December make it challenge

2 comments:

Merry said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year :-) This card is so pretty Gail, great fun technique too.

Linda said...

This looks so pretty ...... I love how you did the background. All the best for 2020. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx