Monday, December 24, 2018

keeping it simple

 My husband makes fun of me  - in the nicest possible way - food should always taste yummy but it does no harm if it looks good as well - a simple can of vegetable soup - I always add a drizzle  of cream or crème fresh or yoghurt add then a sprinkle of paprika - picture perfect. Have a look in your fridge and at your spices next time you open a can of soup.



 
 
It would be lovely if I had a big freezer -I would make my own soups - I do like to make savoury flans ( who decides if it's a quiche or a flan ) I made 3 sizes - some have bacon - some have spinach and some have chorizo - the thing they all have is cheese - eggs and onion - I never fry the onions - I boil small amount of milk in pan -add the chopped onions and turn off the heat - I leave it to go cold then strain out the onion keeping the milk to add the eggs.
 

 
I also made a whole orange cake and to make a drizzle I boiled down some freshly squeezed orange juice along with a tablespoon of orange marmalade . I don't think this will around for very long - it is yummy.

No comments: