Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Too much chocolate is a good thing






Our challenge 41 at The Lollipop Ladies is Malteasers,with a hidden message. I must have eaten hundreds of these as child .
This was a very easy card to put together ,the paper is from Kaisercraft and was already stamped ,I just had to cut out the section I wanted .I only stuck the paper to the card edges and left the top section open to slide in my message .The flower and butterfly were part of a prize win along with the sentiment stamp,I'm pretty sure they all came from Kaszazz.For a little extra detail I used a white pen to add a few dots. The 'celebrate' sentiment is on acetate and came from Hot off the Press ( "Cardmakers Birthdays -Clear & Frosted Overlays"). I'm not sure I like the double stamped idea,it looks like a bad attempt to cover up a mistake.Anyhow it was a pig to photo as the light kept bouncing off the acetate .The clock and tag came from a cheap craft pack I picked up some time ago,
I haven't had much time to craft as the decorating seems to be taking longer than I thought ,I've also been making some new cushions .

4 comments:

Merry said...

Love the little white dot detail and such a great idea with the bookmark.

Susan Hogan said...

Wow, Gail - this is lovely. And the idea of using the flower/butterfly thingy for the message is great. I really like that acetate overlay - but I agree with you, they are difficult to photograph, especially at night.

Merry said...

Hey Gail, I have just added a little award to my blog that I would like to share with you.

Sandy said...

Saw your blog mentioned on Merry's blog so came for a look, lol, and joined as a follower.
Love your card and clever "hidden thing" A clever idea.
Sandy