Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All buttoned up for Christmas

A few years ago I received a Christmas card with this foam reindeer on the front .The card was thrown away but I kept this little chap to re use. I took the layers apart leaving the whole image to play with. I didn't want a solid image so I curled up a few strands of cotton and laid them across my card before loading the reindeer with ink and stamping. I quite like the effect so if your kids have any foam shapes laying around the house grab them.



My finished card is for Stamping Vacation -challenge - No punches -I've used lots of matting in burgundy,gold and brown before sticking to a burgundy card base. The flourish under the sentiment is sewn in gold thread.

1 comment:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Such a creative card! I really like the design!!
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Vacation!