Friday, October 25, 2013

A happy accident


Disaster averted -I spent some time carefully adding glass paint onto acetate -the finished results were like shiny fruit drops -not an air bubble in sight . Being my usual impatient self I decide to clean the acetate with a baby wipe and accidentally touched the paint on the pink flower removing the top layer which had almost set. Trying to add a second layer of paint is not a good idea so I used the baby wipe to dab over the surface on all 3 flowers. Once it was dry and this time I did wait I added a coat of gloss to bring back the shine.The colours may not have the depth but I'm still happy with end result.I cut out the panel myself on the base card and on  a second piece so that the acetate is sandwiched between.

Southern Girls -  challenge - Shine

2 comments:

Shell B. said...

Great card Gail!

Good to see you join us for the Southern Girls Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Merry said...

That is a lovely end result...the flowers now have a texture to them. Great card.